Saturday, November 5, 2011

TWENTY-FOUR BRAND NEW HOURS



Waking up this morning, I see the blue sky.
I join my hands in thanks for the many wonders of life;
For having twenty-four brand new hours before me.
The sun is rising.
The forest becomes my awareness bathed in sunshine.
I walk across a field of sunflowers.
Tens of thousands of flowers are turned toward the bright east.
My awareness is like the sun.
My hands are sowing seeds for the next harvest.
My ear is filled with the sound of the rising tide.
In the magnificent sky, clouds are approaching with joy from many directions.
I can see the fragrant lotus ponds of my homeland.
I can see coconut trees along the rivers.
I can see rice fields stretching, stretching, laughing at the sun and rain.
Mother Earth gives us coriander, basil, celery and mint.
Tomorrow the hills and mountains of the country will be green again.
Tomorrow the buds of life will spring up quickly.
-- Thich Nhat Hanh --

No comments:

Post a Comment