Saturday, November 5, 2011

REFUGE PRAYER



At the foot of the Bodhi Tree,
Beautifully seated, peaceful and smiling,
The living source of understanding and compassion,
To the Buddha I go for refuge.
The path of mindful living,
Leading to healing, joy, and enlightenment,
The way of peace,
To the Dharma I go for refuge.
The loving and supportive community of practice,
Realizing harmoney, awareness and liberation,
To the Sangha I go for refuge.
I am aware that the Three Gems are within my heart.
I vow to realize them.
I vow to practice mindful breathing and smiling,
Looking deeply into things.
I vow to understand living beings and their suffering,
To cultivate compassion and loving kindness,
And to practice joy and equanimity.
I vow to offer joy to one person in the morning
And to help relieve the grief of one person in the afternoon.
I vow to live simply and sanely,
Content with just a few possessions,
And to keep my body healthy.
I vow to let go of all worry and anxiety
In order to be light and free.
I am aware that I owe so much to my parents, teachers, friends and all beings.
I vow to be worthy of their trust,
To practice wholeheartedly,
So that understanding and compassion will flower,
And I can help living beings
Be free of their suffering.
May the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha support my efforts..

-- Thich Nhat Hanh --


No comments:

Post a Comment